Choose Steel for Lifetime Value
The water industry has a continual need to assess the total cost of ownership when planning water storage. Such assessment is essential for project selection and long-range planning. It also supports compliance with financial regulations (e.g. GASB Rule 34).
However, the complexity of factors required in lifetime value analysis can be daunting.
Why Choose Welded Steel?
- Economical: Low initial cost, unlimited life cycle with maintenance
- Design flexibility: Any diameter/height, easy to add accessories or attachments
- Zero leakage: Required by AWWA D100 standard
- Durable: Easy to repair or modify, easy to relevel if differential settlement
- Field construction versatility: Year-round construction in most temperatures, shorter construction schedule reduces residential impact
- Esthetically pleasing: Multiple roof styles, decorative architectural treatments, virtually unlimited paint – schemes
Steel structures are known to be continuously used for more than 100 years, a testament to the longevity and durability of steel.
STI/SPFA’s Century Club honors the owners of field erected steel water storage tanks that are at least 100 years old and still in active service.
Water tanks are some of the most identifiable structures across the United States, and it is important to honor these tanks not only for their extraordinary service life, but also for the role they play in ensuring the safety of our water supplies.
Phoenix Forging Company, a member of the Phoenix Forge Group, is a proud domestic manufacturer of steel tank and cylinder fittings based in Catasauqua, PA. Phoenix Forge was founded in 1882.www.phoenixforge.com
“The magic of STI/SPFA comes from the powerful unified voice created when all stakeholders involved in steel fabrication work together.”
Tnemec Company, Inc.