STI/SPFA will be the champion of steel storage tanks, pipe, pressure vessels, and other steel plate fabricated products.
STI/SPFA will promote and unite the steel plate fabricated products industry through standards development, education, and communication.
Update and improve key operational elements of the association to create a better member experience.
- Maintain and diversify financial stability
- Continue to develop new and improve existing STI technologies
- Implement a membership and association management database that allows staff to better serve members
- Overhaul Tank Manager registration system for a modern platform
Be the leading resource of innovative education for our industry.
- Maintain/evaluate current programs
- Increase participation in Emerging Leaders Conference by 5%
- Implement a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Offer one webinar each month
- Develop Fuel Integrity Management on demand program
Be the hub for members, their customers, and the public to promote the use and benefits of steel fabricated products and increase member and visitor engagement.
- Develop a user-friendly website to act as the central hub for all association business
- Promote STI/SPFA, our members, and their products, through digital communications
- Develop marketing campaigns for each association section
- Publish one new piece of relevant content on website per week
- Reach 1,000 followers on LinkedIn
- Reach 100 subscribers on YouTube
- Improve Product of the Year Awards program
- Communicate sustainability, life cycle, and environmental impact of steel fabricated products
Build and strengthen engagement opportunities and develop new benefits for members.
- Gain one new fabricator member per year in each section
- Reach 200 total combined fabricator and affiliate members
- Increase benefits for Pressure Vessel Section members
- Increase benefits for Field Erected Section members
- Increase benefits for Steel Water Pipe Section members
- Schedule relevant programming for Steel Water Pipe Section at in-person meetings
- Develop online community for members to network and engage through association website
Promote safe and healthy workplaces among member companies.
- Develop opportunities to participate with safety and health initiatives
- Add at least one new toolbox talk to Safety Library each month
- Offer one safety webinar each quarter
- Increase participation in Safety Product Purchasing Program to 10% of membership
Be the advocate for STI/SPFA members and the steel fabrication industry.
- Create a Legislative Committee
- Establish a presence in Washington, D.C.
- Positively impact one piece of legislation
- Develop materials to promote welding and the steel fabrication industry as a career choice to students
- Add one new fabricator section to membership
- Reach 300 total members (fabricators, affiliates, and associates)
- Publish one new piece of relevant content on website each day
- Increase social media presence to two posts per day on each platform
- Offer one webinar each week
Big Hairy Audacious Goal (30 years and beyond)
Be the voice and go-to resource of the steel fabrication industry.