- There are 12 modules in the course, each consisting of a PowerPoint review presentation and a four-item quiz.
- You must answer at least three of the quiz questions correctly before you can move on to the next module.
- Modules must be taken in order, no skipping back and forth.
- At the end of the course, you will take a 40-question examination.
- This certification is only for those with a valid and current API 653 certificate.
- You must provide your API 653 certification ID and expiration date in order to proceed.
- Invalid or expired API 653 certificates will not be awarded SP001 Adjunct Certification and will not be refunded.
- You must pass the 40-question exam with a score of at least 80% to qualify for certification. If you do not pass, you must then attend a 5-day course to get recertified.
- This recertification expires in five (5) years.
Prepare for the Course
Study the materials listed below are not included in the $500 fee. While the online course highlights important points, the 40 test questions include additional items from these documents.
(Co-workers may share study materials but must complete the Online Certification Course individually.)
- SP001 Standard for the Inspection of Aboveground Storage Tanks - 7th Edition (A bundle with both standards is also available)
- SP031 Standard for Repair of Shop-fabricated Aboveground Tanks - 6th Edition
- Installation Instructions for Shop Fabricated Stationary Aboveground Storage Tanks (R912)
- Underwriters Laboratories UL 142 Standard, 10th Edition
- Petroleum Equipment Institute RP 200 (latest edition)
- Morrison Brothers Co. Venting Guide for Aboveground Storage Tanks
Payment and Access
- If you do not have an account, please create an account.
- Once logged in, purchase the SP001 Adjunct Certification for API 653 Inspectors
- Provide your API 653 Certification ID and expiration date.
- You will receive an email containing a link to begin the exam.
- Once you are ready to begin the exam, click the link you received and log in.
- The exam must be completed within 48-hours after it is started.