Fire-tested, double-wall tank
FLAMESHIELD® aboveground storage tanks are manufactured with a tight‐wrap double‐wall design. Standard features include 2‐hour fire‐tested performance, built‐in secondary containment and interstitial monitoring capability.
- 2‐hour 2,000° fire‐test, as required by Southwest Research Institute Standard SwRI 97‐04, validates performance of non‐insulated tanks
- Primary and secondary tank can be tightness tested on site with standard testing procedures, or manufacturer may ship with vacuum in the interstice to prove integrity of both walls during installation
- Interstitial space can be monitored for leak detection
- Primary storage tank and secondary containment compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals
- Support designs available for all seismic requirements
- Choose from many integral support types, including saddles and skids
- Vertical tanks supported on legs, and skirted available, with Listing label
- Capacities range up to 75,000 gallons
- Steel construction allows for recycling
- Low cost compartments and customization
- Built to nationally‐recognized STI standards with strict third‐party quality control inspection program
FLAMESHIELD® is available from an extensive group of Steel Tank Institute fabricators who participate in the STI Quality Control Program. Under the program, independent quality control inspectors make unannounced visits to STI members, ensuring fabrication to the highest possible standards.
STI Tank Technologies
Aboveground Storage Tanks (AST)
Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
Double‐wall jacketed underground storage tank
Formed by STI/SPFA in 1988, STICO Mutual is a national, member-owned insurance company, providing protection from General Liability, Pollution and Warranty exposures to tank, vessel and equipment manufacturers and contractors.www.sticomutual.com
“Networking at meetings has given us new ideas to manufacture our products more efficiently.”
Mid-South Steel Products, Inc.