Steve Hammoor began his career in the steel industry in sales at Atec Metals in 1985, stayed 8 years before moving on to Washington Specialty Metals. Washington Specialty was bought out by Ryerson in February of 1999, where he stayed until Jeff Hock offered him a job at Enerfab/Brighton Tru-Edge in March of 2001. Steve started at Enerfab in purchasing before moving to sales at Brighton and then worked his way up to Executive Vice President before retiring in March of 2020.
Contributions to Enerfab/Brighton:
- Within 5 years of being acquired by Enerfab in 2003 he increased Brighton’s sales 400%, which included a record setting year in 2008 that still stands today
- Pioneered Brighton into multiple customer contracts with repetitive orders, which enabled production to streamline operations that led to greater efficiency in shop labor hours
- Instrumental in securing material contracts both domestically and with foreign steel producers to enable us to offer competitive pricing on the best quality product in the industry
- Won 2 Manny awards (one for growth and one for technology/innovation) – The Manny Awards are committed to recognizing the manufacturing industry’s greatest accomplishments, and in doing so, will honor local companies for their innovation and best practices. Areas of recognition include product development/innovation, top growth, best place to work, new job creation, and biggest achievement.
- Pressure Vessel Section Chairman 2010 – 2012
- STI/SPFA Board of Directors from 2012-2015
- Fall Conference planning committee for several years and worked to bring more pressure vessel members to STI/SPFA
- Parkinson Support & Wellness Cincinnati, Board Member
- Sunflower Rev it Up for Parkinson’s, Planning Committee