- There are 12 modules in the course, each consisting of a PowerPoint review presentation and a four-item quiz.
- You must answer at least three of the quiz questions correctly before you can move on to the next module.
- Modules must be taken in order, no skipping back and forth.
- At the end of the course, you will take a 40-question examination.
- You must pass the 40-question exam with a score of at least 80% to qualify for recertification. If you do not pass, you must then attend a 5-day course to get recertified.
- This recertification expires in five (5) years.
- You are only eligible to take this exam if you are within 90 days of your certification expiration. If you are not sure of your expiration date please login to your account or contact Tiffany Multra.
Prepare for the Course
Study the materials listed below are not included in the $500 fee. While the online course highlights important points, the 40 test questions include additional items from these documents.
(Co-workers may share study materials, but must complete the Online Recertification Course individually.)
- SP001 Standard for the Inspection of Aboveground Storage Tanks - 7th Edition (A bundle with both standards is also available)
- SP031 Standard for Repair of Shop-fabricated Aboveground Tanks - 6th Edition
- Installation Instructions for Shop Fabricated Stationary Aboveground Storage Tanks (R912)
- Underwriters Laboratories UL 142 Standard, 10th Edition
- Petroleum Equipment Institute RP 200 (latest edition)
- Morrison Brothers Co. Venting Guide for Aboveground Storage Tanks
Payment and Access
Access is available to you for 48 hours only after you have logged in to the exam.